Ranjith K R

My photo
Pursuit of HappYness..!!!

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Taking the First Step...!!!

As its a new beginning for me, I had been on a lookout for a change in my career... I felt it was time I put my hand up and asked for what I really deserved or what I thought I deserved... Anyways had been kinda struggle for a month or 2... But as always I knew I would come out the winner...

Days went by weeks went by... I had put my CV on the most prominent job portals... Used to get calls on the jobs which I had no experience as well as a few which really was the ones that I was looking for... I sent the recruiters, who was offering the one which I was looking for, my latest CV and was lucky to get some calls...

I went on attending the interviews ( 3 of them to be precise) and found no luck with it... I was really pushed to the limit when I couldn't make through the ones which I really felt I had put 100% effort... It was not to be...

So be it...

I was glad that my friends who had my CV had floated it in their network... And when I really felt like the hope with which I had started my job search was dying, I was called up by some companies who got my CV... I went about with technical interviews and HR rounds with 2 of them... Had worked out on all aspects on them both, but as always my luck played the part and didn't hear back from the companies... After following up ( as a friend always said to me) with them, and getting the same answers for a few more days and weeks, again the dejection and rejection started to take up all my precious time and mind...

I had almost given up when again I got a call from another company which offered me the job profile which I wanted and I grabbed it with both hands like a man who is drowning will grab anything he could reach to... It went about the same way, was called for a technical interview and I did all that I could to convince the company that I was the ultimate one in what they were looking for... With a mere hope of success I waited for their response... I was almost about to forget the opening when they gave me a call and asked me to come for a 2nd round of interview.. Again I mustered all strength and did all that I could do to convince this guy as
any who deserved the job as I did... I was convinced that once and for all I will be able to stop being the struggler and will be joining this company and doing good to myself... But again the wind was blowing the other way and I was struggling to hold on to whatever I could now...

Then again as I always believed mine was to be a successful story and I get the call for next round to meet with the top boss on discussion of this opening... And with 2 more meetings with the company I am gladly inducted to their company... It would have been a cake walk for many of you around, but for me it has been a struggle all my life... I had been always fighting for what I wanted and I have been successful even though I have a fair share of failure... In life I have always found that, one thing that would really help you come a long way is perseverance... And whether you like it or not you just gotta wait till its your turn...

I am glad I took the first step towards a better and a good life ahead...

P.S. :- Sole purpose of this blog is to convey my message to all you out there that "You can do it"... There's nothing that is impossible... Nothing is Impossible... Stick to your hard work and do take all the help possible from all loved ones around and with their right intervention and their prayers I can say it without doubt "you can do it"...

Check out these books :-


Computer Networking First-Step
Head First Java, 2nd Edition
Head First Design Patterns
Head First SQL: Your Brain on SQL -- A Learner's Guide

5 comments:

Gopan said...

congrats !! Wish you all the very best !!

Dev said...

Kudos buddy! all the best for the new beginning

ranzjith said...

thank you both...

Unknown said...

Inspiring thoughts for someone like me in this stage.
Great thought and well composed.

ranzjith said...

Thank you Dhanya...